Saturday 6 April 2013

Community in peril.

I seem to be doing this a lot lately, read something and then put something up in my blog just to make the point heard. But I suppose you aren't all reading the things I read and wont see the things I am seeing. I have just read about a woman who was killed in her home in Syria because she was Pagan. Now I stress that she was not doing something alien, bad or evil. She was reviving a belief in the gods that were prolific through her home country. These practise's she was doing were practise's that were native to her land and yet she was tortured and killed for her faith. Something that is in my opinion irrelevant to anyone else besides her and people who may share in those beliefs.

Why was she killed I wonder to my self. Is it because she was different, is it because someone didn't like her? Who cares and why doesn't the reason matter. She was killed because she was and I quote "a witch".

THIS IS ME PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN!!!

Protection for my brothers and sisters is my aim now. We are a people whether we are black or white, so why aren't we a people when are faiths are different. This has to Stop and Stop is what it will do!

To read the post I read please click on the link below. Interfaith work needs to be done and we need to learn to work with each other with compassion, tolerance and understanding.

http://wildhunt.org/2013/03/the-fall-of-a-syrian-pagan.html

No comments: