Tuesday 9 April 2013

Monsters monsters everywhere!?!?!

Who doesn't have monsters under the bed? I think we all have monsters at times and I think that we never really get rid of them, we just learn to cope with them. We lock them up and throw away the key, banish them so they can never return or do some of us embrace our monsters and learn to live with them.

All this thinking of my monsters and there return to my life made me think of what has been going on in my life right now and what a lot of people say about manifestation. This brought me to another point that you only really manifest the things you need at the time. So by that logic my monsters are there for me to work with a face? Kind of a cool thought really, I mean come on I have pet monsters HA HA HA HA HA.

Right then so now that I have my own band of monsters what the hell do I do with them and how the hell do I work with them?? I mean I don't really like to look at them much so where do I start? What are my monsters really, are they spirits that I have created that could be under my control?? Are they aspects of my self?? What do I do with them??

This is harder than I thought but when I went to bed last night I asked my self what had been happening in my life that would make me need monsters. What are they trying to remind me of and are they there because I need some ugly ferocious backup for the fights ahead. That's when the idea that these monsters are there not to scare me but to help me in an ugly situation really seemed to make sense. What better ally for a fight than a big ferocious beast and if I can confront the beast within then there is nothing out there that will ever be able to hurt me.

I thought to my self a long time ago that when I finally worked with my shadow self it would be in deep meditation with a guide at my side and lots of candles and incense. But the reality of my confrontation was much better and much more natural.

Lying in bed the monsters came, they surrounded me and turned there hideous faces towards me and instead of fear I felt compassion. They were me in my shadowy aspects, they were the parts of me that I ignored and all I wanted to do was cry. My poor untrusted monsters, I would hide under the bed too if I looked like that. Now I have a band of horrid helpers at my side with teeth and claws and I have never felt safer than I do now.

2 comments:

Loz Ramsey said...

"What good is it to straighten the shadow if the body that casts it is crooked?"- Carl Jung. Good piece of writing, Drude. You should get your own blog page as well. BB.

Ourin said...

Thank you Loz and thanks for being the first to comment on my latest posts. Blessed Be m8