Tuesday 5 March 2013

Faith.........??

My faith??

I suppose that's the better question. I can't say of other peoples faith because, I just don't know. Everybody has an individual level of faith even if it is a shared belief like Christianity, Muslim or Pagan. Your experiences of spirit, god, the divine or whatever are all going to be tailored to you in a way that you will understand.
This brings me to my point. What is faith without belief? Do you have to believe in something to have faith in it, do you have to believe in something with others, do you have to know what it is you believe in intimately and beyond comparison to then have faith in it or can you just have faith without knowing and with trust in your heart. I suppose you could have a combination of the four but personally I just do the last one. I trust my heart and my experiences of the divine have shaped my faith through my beliefs.

My life started not to differently to many other peoples, my family were and still are Christian and I was raised to believe in the god described in the bible. However up until last year during a summer solstice healing event (not anything to do with Christianity) I had never had an experience of god, spirit, the divine or anything, I had never understood what it was I had to do and I just plain didn't like or get it. All I had in me was a strange personal faith that out there was a beautiful divine with me in mind.

I have now been a practising pagan for 8 years at least and have found that the things I have faith in have made me better in my self than anything I could have been told and that simply having faith is not something to be sneered at.


I now experience the divine in the form of the god Apollo, the goddess Hecate and the Faye spirits that live all around me in the very living world that I am a part of and I have faith in them and all that I do. Hopefully with their help my faith will see me through the rest of my life.







No comments: