Monday 21 October 2013

G.A.Y madness in the making

There is a lot that can be said for and well...against labels. We can identify with them and we can be against them completely. Druid means what exactly.........hahaha. I don't know about you but at times it is more about self identity than its about what you really are inside. I'm gay is another one that has been big with me this last few weeks and I know that at times I can really go on a bit but here is the thing.

The word is a label, pure and simple. A label that identifies me as someone that prefers the same sex and nothing else. So why does it have to be the thing you remember the most about me? Some people have remembered me as "the gay one" and although I may not really give a dam what they say I cant help but think that it's a little shallow or not very insightful. The point is that no matter what the label is and no matter who its is for there should never be one that you are remembered for. At the end of it all the labels we choose are the ones that best describe ourselves within the given situation.

You can use labels to free you from models that restrict you, find something that you want to do or want to achieve and then move towards becoming more like the label. When you have done that then drop the label and make what you have learnt from it part of who you are. Don't try and fit a stereotype, your a free person who has the power to change and be more than you were 10 minutes, 10 days or 10 years ago.

G growing .... A another day ....Y younger

I am Clinton the  sensitive, gay, druid, that can be creative, poetic, romantic, kind and insightful. That enjoys blog writing, people's company and animals and none of you really could ever hope to describe me with a single word. So unless I decide it's really necessary  then don't try to do it for me.

Blessed be guys and let people find you because they want to not because you have a sign attached to your arm that makes it easy for them to put you in a box. Well that is unless you want to get in the box with them :P

.

No comments: