Thursday 28 November 2013

What do we do when were drity??

I was with my beautiful man for the weekend and we had the most amazing time together. We did lots of things and spent a lot of time talking to each other while we lay in each others arms. The both of us dealt with some big issues that we hadn't resolved all together (me mostly).  Before he left mine, after dropping me off at my house with all my things. We decided, to make our letting go of the old final, that we would do a smudging ceremony so that we could begin a new. Our first little bit of magic together.

It was lovely and I really felt a change in how I was now. However it led me to thinking about how often I really cleanse and what I am actually cleansing. Do we actually do it properly? Do we clean behind our magickal ears? Personally I don't think we do a very good job at the moment, I know I don't. Last night led me to think about all the magick I do on a daily basis and then all the magick I know that other people do. As a rule I don't do magick on others unless it's asked for but I know that there are people out there that do (not a bad thing, just not my cup of tea).

So what about all that magick? It's starting to sound a bit like were being smothered and after thinking long and hard I was like " Ahhhhhhhh I'm drowning in other peoples magick.". Well that's what it felt like at the time haha. All those protection spells, grounding spells, happiness spells, prayers, chants and incantations being fired at us by us and by other people are all going to mount up and cover us from head to toe. The thing is about most of this stuff is that unless you tell it to stop it probably wont.

This was where my thoughts took a eureka moment so to speak. I thought:
"Ok then If all this magick is still happening and I'm under all this mess of magick and protection and whatever. Then I need to lift the crust that is hovering over my head and see the world as it is without the rose tinted magickal blanket."
"I need to get rid of the protection that isn't protecting me from anything any more and the prayers that are out of date, the love that has moved from my life and the healing that has healed my wounds. I need to be clean and start again."
Just because I like this picture :P

So here is the idea.................
1.Cast my circle of protection so that when all the mess is gone I am still safe and sound.
2. I need to speak to my gods and goddesses.
Finally. I will cast a protection spell to seal in the me that is free from tampering and free to express its self to the world.
This I hope is going to get rid of the bog that is surrounding me, not just the magick but all the rest of it too. With the out of date magick gone then maybe those things that they are protecting me from will be forgotten and forgiven for good this time and not just until I get a reminder. When all the mist has cleared and I can see again I will be able to find my weaknesses and make them stronger instead of just covering them up with spells or prayers. I can take Apollo and Aphrodite in to my heart and move forward with them beside me, instead of at arms length.

I cant wait to get clean so that I can start having adventures and begin to get dirty again haha.

No comments: