Thursday 7 November 2013

Between the sun and a hard place.

The boat was silent on waters still my heart was beating fast
and water slid beneath my feet and took me to the past.

The forest stood as tall as giants the trees began to laugh
with winds that beat like fevered beasts to show the winding path.

The steps were shallow broken slabs and each had bore a mark
that every traveller here and now could sing un to the lark.

My journey ended with the cliff a face within it carved
and stepping close my hand did touch the skin not earthed but barked.

The face gave way to temples sway the stone was white as snow
its space was filled with sweeter smells and darkness filled with glow.

My steps advanced my fleeting breath and stood before a door
the gold and jewels did glitter so and teach me to endure.

His presence seeped through silents cracks to tug my broken heart
and now I knew the way to go and play my chosen part.

The doors were locked and would not sway my strength it weren't enough
and so I called and begged and cried for him to make me tough.

My resolve now was tougher and the door began to move
so in I stepped to see my lord within his golden grove.

His statue there did start to stare and offered me a golden fruit
the apple golden with a glow that with my love began to root.

It's seed was planted teaching me the love that was sublime
a love that came from just once place a love that was just mine.

His message given I began to step back through the glow
the smells still sweet hung in the air began to drift and flow.

Through open doors back to the path that clung upon the ground
I turned with smiles in my heart whilst it began to pound.

My lover of the temple bells had answered me in prayer
with a gift of golden fruit now he is ALWAYS there.


Sorry, I couldn't resist haha.





No comments: