Tuesday 21 May 2013

Element one

Earth

This is the first element that I have started to explore through my bardic training by the O.B.O.D and it is awesome.

Fate seemed to know this was happening because the meeting of the white goddess that I attended earlier in the month took me on a meditative journey in to a CAVE, wearing a cloak enchanted by EARTH (cool huuuhh). This is also where I met my spirit guide, an earth sprite that has been with me ever since. It seems like the God's knew about my magic and have given me the help of a little elemental that can guide me through my journey with earth and an introduction to its mysteries and I am very grateful.

I had never worked with the element of earth in such depth before but found that the exercises given to me to do have helped me to connect to not just the earth her self but to the elemental energy of well earth haha.
Earth is the element that gives us the most stability by connecting to both the planet and the...well......stuff.
Picture by Mark Duffin http://www.markduffin.net/
To return to my first ever post about grounding it has just reiterated the point that being in touch with the earth in grounding actually keeps us much more balanced. Trying to avoid the earth is like trying to live without air. We just can't do it.
But with that said grounding is not the same as connecting to elemental energy. Earth elemental energy is part of the planet but is not the ocean or the sky or the molten volcano that makes up the other 3 quarter's of the planet we love. It is a part of the whole that I have learnt to connect with on an individual level. In that respect it has taught me things that are specific to the earth. Patience, appropriate stubbornness (E.G standing my ground haha get it...GROUND!?!?) and stillness. Now that doesn't mean that nothing is happening but in fact it means feeling the still movement of everything around me, a gentle flowing energy like the earth's. All though we don't notice it the earth is moving all the time and is changing subtly all the time just like we do.

Who would have thought that I would be able to do this through just touching a stone and with the guidance of my little sprite.
Lets hope the other elements give me as much and that I can reflect that back to the world.

No comments: