Tuesday 28 May 2013

Healing

What is it we are really doing when we heal someone? Should we be actively going out to fix the world every day?

I have had some very good experiences when I have been healing and when I have been healed. It can be awe inspiring and hugely beneficial. But then so can life as a whole. Should I be actively seeking this? Will it find me if I just sit here?

Well an easy answer would be no. I don't think we should actively be seeking all the spiritual highs we can find and I don't think we should be idle either. Healing is something we are all capable of doing and the easiest and probably best way of doing that is passively for both others and yourself. Just being there for someone during a troubling time can do more for someone than a once a month healing that only lasts an hour.

I think my recent move away from Reiki has showed me the value of healing whether passive or active. Should someone want a healing then they can ask for it and at times it can be a good jump start for passive healing to begin working.

My family is going through a bit of turmoil at the moment and all though the issue at hand has been resolved with one fell swoop (active intervention), the wounds are still fresh. I have been trying my best to do what I can for everyone and heal what damage may have been done by harsh words and cold actions by just giving my support in a way that serves as a distraction and an ointment (passive action).
The Cure. By Fluresama
But I think that a 5 or 6 years ago I would have been useless. I wouldn't have known the words to say or the things to do, simply because I felt broken. I was in a place of great sadness and loss and my spiritual identity was fragile at best. But my spiritual path helped me in a great many ways and helped me to fix the parts of me that had been torn out a smashed. With time I gained the internal confidence to be able to tell myself what I wanted and what I didn't want and it all started with a healing session.Without that personal healing(both active and passive) I would never have been able to be there for my family and passively help them all to be happier.

So I wonder what has the greater effect, active healing or passive healing? They both have equal parts to play. But I think we need to embrace both to be able to move on completely. A healing session wont heal a year of abuse but it will kick start your journey in the right direction if you let it.


No comments: