Thursday 12 September 2013

Stepping through the flames.

It comes to us some times. Some of us more than once where we find that our feelings are warped and distorted around us like a cocoon that we cannot escape. That mixed up bundle of feeling that can take weeks or even years for us to untangle in to a state of understanding.

Darkness surrounded me and the world was quiet as the gong sounded softly in the distance.......my mind a needle sharp, as if content to torment me. I focused on the sound that hung in the air and felt a presence that made me feel at ease. The face of a person I knew to be friend and brother. I held the moment still and asked the god's for guidance as the fire rose in my chest. It was like a pull of magnitude that made the ringing stop. Humming as the gong erupted spinning through my core, the motion pushed me forward to the fire that I could not avoid. A heat I had not felt in time, that I had not remembered was upon me now as sure as the god's were pushing. My brother was by my side and held my hand with pride. As though to give me strength of his to help me win my trial........I leaped.............

There are times when we must break open the shell that surrounds us and leave it behind. The darkness gives us potential to change and create form from nothing, to change substance and be free from binds that hold us down and limit us in our actions. Just never fear to step within the flames to be transformed.

Blessed Be

No comments: