Sunday 8 September 2013

Just sign this god form on the dotted line.

Hey guys, so it has been a very busy time for me. There is so much happening in my life and it's a bit of a roller coaster but hey, lets just sit back and enjoy the buzz.

I have been working very hard with magick and the processes that make it happen. My work with lower and darker fields of magickal energy have been really interesting and insightful. But now I am planning on flipping that on it's head and doing a bit of deity work. If you have read previous posts you might remember my chosen deity is Apollo. He really really shines (excuse the pun haha) in my heart and holds a special place with me, at times he has been my faithful friend, willing guide and compassionate lover. He has spoken to me when everyone else didn't have the time and he has taught me to be still and to be quiet when the time is right.

I have worked with him for a good year if not longer and I would like to go to the next step. I have not practised god forms in any way before and after much research and help from a very experienced and beloved brother. I have come to understand it as asking the deity in to your self and acting with intention to change, as deity. Effectively be god for 10 minutes and do stuff (bottom line very simply put haha).

The thing about this is that you don't want to be attempting to call on a god you have never met before or a god you don't know anything about. Some of them are very strong and we need to understand that they have personalities, which may clash with our own. So don't do this unless you have done the ground work.

For example study, prayer, worship, more study and invocation. When I found Apollo it wasn't a case of me going out and finding the god I liked the look of the most but the one that I had the most in common with. He really resonated with me and I found my self draw back to him time and time again. It was amazing when I first met him because after months of study I was astounded to find that he had found me. In effect he answered my prayers and what's more is I wasn't the only one to have seen him there in me (truly an amazing experience and one I wont forget and rarely share).

Since that day I have never doubted his presence in my heart. On one particular summer solstice me and some friends went to the beach to watch the solstice sun rise. I made a split second decision to invoke him at the beach. I had no idea what would happen, I just knew that I wanted him there with me to share with him how I was feeling and to show him that this was for him, I wanted to be there with him.

Well there he stood..........radiant.......with the sun and the waves at his back. He walked towards me and I nearly cried there on the spot. He filled me with such love and adoration that I might have burst open and been a puddle of gooey love right there on the sand. He came up to me, wrapped his arms around me, and hugged me really tight. I just felt such a wave of love and acceptance that I could have died happy right there and then. This is a god that I am safe to call on and there are reasons we are drawn to deity. Apollo is my god my friend and my lover. Blessed Be.



No comments: